Saturday, 11 February 2017

Week 14/52

Day 98.

Coming up to my third 100 days. My method this time is to not make too much of a big deal about reaching 100 days. I need to avoid this as a finish line, but rather a line now crossed. Perhaps I've passed stage one?

The best part is I am in such a good place to keep on going. I don't feel finished, I don't feel like drinking. In fact if I started drinking again I'd be shocked.

Life is good, and don't get me wrong, it has always been good. Now however it is better, because I'm not poisoning myself anymore. I'm not slowly making myself sick. I'm taking my own path in life that is different to my friends, different to my family, but that is right for me.

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic little post PDTG.
    I like the bit about if you started drinking again you would be shocked. I feel that too.
    I also feel like having a drink but mostly I know inherently it would be wrong for me to do that and crossing that line again would shock me.
    M xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why we just keep doing what we're doing :)

      Delete
  2. If I remember rightly my day 100 post was called 'And so it begins' because I knew 100 was just the start of my journey. 100 was I had my bags packed, I'd walked out of the door, shut it behind me and now my journey was ahead.
    I am happy that you have come to this time with such calm, it did once feel like a finish line but that was a downfall for me, like you I have done 100 more than once. I hope this is the charm for you, it sounds and feels like it from your posts.
    Well done on your insights and stick-to-it-ness (that's a real thing)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that, bags packed and out the door. Now for he journey! Thanks

      Delete
  3. Great post and great going. Enjoy 100- you've earned it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I never want to have to re-do another 100 days, either.
    It's not an end, it's a beginning!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on 100 today and I know without a doubt I'll make 200. Thanks for your support!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on 100!!! You pulled me through last summer, I'm so glad to see you get to this point again and to hear it feels different!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes it is different. I think it gets easier each time. My first 100 was the hardest I ever did. Hope you are going well X

      Delete
  6. I wish I had a 100 day post yo share, but I wasn't blogging then.
    At day ? I can only say life is good. And the basic reason is I am loving it, not numbing it.
    Keep going!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete